It's been over a week since I have updated and what a week its been.
Last Saturday May 12th, we found out that Jason's grandma was in a comatose state. We visited her a couple of times on Saturday and Sunday. Jason didn't want to remember her in that state so we focused a lot on our last dinner with her the Tuesday before.
His grandma passed away on Monday morning. She was an incredible woman and will be greatly missed. I didn't get to know her until Jason got home from his mission and it definitely wasn't long enough. She would always ask when we were going to try for a girl. She said we mastered the boy with 2 adorable ones and now we needed to work on our girl making skills. As many of you know this is a touchy subject for me but I never minded when she asked. I could tell that she loved my boys for who they were. We loved to go visit her and even Kyler started to warm up to her. She was so caring and was always trying to do things for us. She will definitely be missed but we know she is in a better place. I am so happy that she gets to be with her husband again. I am also incredibly grateful for my knowledge of the Gospel because I know we will get to see her again.
Needless to say Monday was a hard day so I was very grateful for my little sister taking me and the boys to the park. It was a good distraction. We ended up with all of my boys cousins except Lydia. It was kind of crazy for us 3 adults with so many kids. The kids weren't too interested in feeding the ducks but they loved playing in the water. We had a picnic and just enjoyed the beautiful weather.
 |
| Gracie loves her cousin! |
 |
| Cousins riding in the back of Paul's truck |
 |
| Kyler loved playing in the water! |
 |
| Everyone but paul and Elsa at the picnic |
 |
| Cute Dexter! |
 |
| Mommy and Kyler! |
 |
| Kyler and his silly tongue, such a happy boy! |
 |
| Duncan loved running in and out of the water! |
 |
| I gave Duncan some bread to feed the ducks and he ate it, I think he was hungry! |
 |
| I love being a mom! |
 |
| Kyler tried to give his ring pop to the goose! |
 |
| Silly Korbin slept through his first adventure feeding ducks. |
 |
Nothing was waking this boy up! |
 |
| Gorgeous Roxie! |
 |
| Elsa and Paul....Later that day, Paul proposed and she said yes!! We are so happy for them! Paul is a great guy and treats her right. Most importantly, he makes her happy! I am so excited for them to experience this next adventure in their lives! They are such a great couple! :) |
 |
| King and Queen of the rock! |
 |
| Kyler and lots of his cousins. |
 |
| Kyler got scared when he realized he walked in the water |
 |
| Duncan loved his ring pop! |
 |
| The geese scared Kyler a bit too! |
Grandma had asked Jason to officiate at her funeral and do the eulogy. So Jason spent the next couple days preparing it. Thankfully he was given 3 days of bereavement. The funeral was in Elko, NV. Jason's mom is from there and this was my first time going there. We left Thursday early afternoon. We carpooled with Chris Ray and Duncan. The boys got frustrated at the end of the drive but pretty much kept each other entertained.
Thursday night we had a BBQ with Jason's uncle aunt and cousins. It was nice to talk with everyone and get to know them. After we went to the hotel for the night.
The funeral was Friday morning. Kyler was pretty hyper but it helped me to keep him entertained. Thankfully my wonderful mother in law kept Korbin. The service was beautiful. I think it did well at truly being a celebration of her life here on earth. I may be biased but I think Jason did an amazing job. :) I wish we had gotten a picture but we were all wearing green, grandma's favorite color.
After the service we had a luncheon. It was nice to meet so much family. We let the kids run around and get their energy out before we got back in the car. We had a pretty easy ride home and then we spent the rest of the night relaxing.
Chris and Ray moved on Saturday. Jason went to help and I tagged a long to watch Duncan. Kyler and Duncan love to play together. We played with bubbles, balls, and even checked out black and white days. It was fun.
That night was the adult session of stake conference. I had never been before so I made sure we went this time and I am so glad we did. Much thanks to Chris, Ray and Jason's parents for watching the boys for us.
I was hit most on the subject of family and the importance of teaching the Gospel in our home. It really hit me how the Lord has entrusted Jason and I with these two amazing little spirits and how it is up to us to teach them about Him. I want our home to truly be home of the Gospel.
Right before the closing song my dad called/texted us to let us know my grandpa (papa) had passed away. He had been battling cancer for the past 3 years and last month we were told there was nothing else the drs could do. We had a trip planned to go see him in June. I am so grateful that he is not suffereing anymore but I hate that I was not able to say goodbye. He was a great grandpa and one that could always get me to smile. The memory that sticks in my mind was when we told him that we were pregnant with Kyler, he tried to convince us to name him Jasper Barthelemow. He was such a funny man and a hero of mine. I was not able to see him much living so far away but I miss him a lot.
His funeral is next Saturday the 2nd so the boys and I will be going up their with my family. I'm worried about taking the trip without Jason but I think it will be okay but boy will I miss him. We've never spent an entire day apart since we've been married so this is a big deal for me. Good thing I'll have 2 adorable boys to keep me distracted, plus I get to see lots of family up there which I'm excited about. Too bad it isnt for a happier thing.
The rest of the week I have just been trying to keep myself busy and distracted. I definitely have broken down a few times with the stress of everything but I am definitely so grateful for the Lord, He has always been there for me. I know that I did not say good bye to these two amazing people forever but just for a short time. I will see them again.
Now for some more pictures!
 |
| Oh boy oh boy oh boy! |
 |
| sleepy Korbin |
 |
| sleepy Kyler |
 |
| Can I have the camera mom?! |
 |
| Sleeping in at the hotel! |
 |
| This is how I help my aunt and uncle move! |
 |
| so he is basically the cutest sleeper! |
 |
| haha, dont you wish you knew what I was up to?! |
 |
| Sleeping on the way to Elko |
 |
| We love the park! |
 |
| He found this toy at the DI and really wanted us to get it for him. |
 |
| Sleeping while his cousins played around him. |
 |
| Kyler loves his brother! |
 |
| Yay a swing that will fit all 3 of us. |
No comments:
Post a Comment