Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Weekend joy!

We had a very busy weekend! Thankfully the weather was gorgeous so we spent a lot of time outside. Since I have a lot to share I'm planning to write more posts so enjoy :)
Saturday was my dad's birthday, he is getting old :O. He is such an amazing dad and has taught me so much! He is always there for me (well for all of us kids). He is such a hard worker but also loves to play. One of the best things was how he treats my mom (and other women). I had a great example on what kind of man I should have for a husband. Jason has those qualities :) Anyway happy birthday to the best dad a girl could ask for!
My dad planned out his birthday. He wanted to go golfing, then horse riding, then to dinner and a movie. Our family was supposed to join for dinner and a movie since Jason had to work that day.
Jason was working with his brother so I was watching our nephew Duncan. Kyler and Duncan love each other. We played inside for a little awhile. They would work together to gang up on our big stuffed frog. Kyler was taking down the head while Duncan got the body. It was pretty funny. Since it was gorgeous outside, we didn't last long inside. I was worried about taking the boys to the field by our house alone but they listened so well when I said to stay on the grass. They loved the sand and playing catch. Korbin slept in the shade most of the time we were there. He is one solid sleeper.
Jason got off 3 hours later than planned and we wanted to go see his grandma so we missed dinner with my dad but we went and saw the Avengers with him. Our family took up almost a whole row. I told Ben that probably by time he got married we'd have to go to 2 rows. Love my family :)
Sunday was mother's day! I could not ask for a better calling than to be a mom to my boys! I have been blessed with such wonderful examples on how to be a good mom and I honestly hope they felt honor on this day. (Mini vent, holidays are not forced appreciation days but a special day to honor those the day is for. I love my family and friends everyday but love having extra days to honor them. I hate how people claim holidays are forced appreciation days but everyone is allowed their own opinion so here's mine, end vent.)
Jason made sure I felt extra loved. He made breakfast. I love when he cooks, it's always so yummy. He got me a foundations necklace (I'll post a picture, he gave this to me a few weeks early and I still can't get over how much I love it.) He also got me some flowers. Kyler got me a gnome which is absolutely adorable! I love my boys.
Church was lovely like always. I had Korbin for nursery since we're working on Kyler staying through his nursery so Jason went with him. The kids loved Korbin and I had a hard time getting their attention for the lesson. They all just wanted to play with the baby.
After church we went to my family's.
We enjoyed playing outside and eating great food! Korbin was wearing one of Kyler's old outfits so we did comparison photos. We had to take lots of pictures of Korbin because he was focused on his Auntie Ella and wouldn't look at me, silly boy.
Once we left there we went and had a picnic with Jason's family.  We spent a lot of time with his mom and grandma.
It was a good weekend which we needed to get us thru the week.

Duncan loved the sand.

The gorgeous necklace and earrings Jason got me.

sleeping boy

Kyler loved walking on the edge.

The soccor ball in a huge hit at our house!

Many pictures of Korbin.

swinging at grandma and grandpa's

Such a happy boy!

wrestling the frog

big smiles.

Love the sunshine

running away from the camera.

having fun with Roxie

Kyler at 8 months and Korbin at 3 months.  Korbin is definitely a big boy and growing so fast!

No comments: