Monday, June 4, 2012

Our quick trip!

This past weekend the boys and I went up to Washington for my grandpa's funeral and boy did it go by too fast!  I'm so glad that I was able to go though!
Thursday night Trevor graduated! We are so incredibly proud of him! He is turning out to be such a great young man! I had honestly forgotten how boring graduations are but we were happy to support him.
After the graduation we loaded up our stuff and hit the road. It was way past Kyler's bedtime and he was not happy sleeping in the car, he was beyond frustrated and it was a long night for us. Actually the ride up there was probably the longest trip that I can remember!  We had to stop a lot to let Kyler out, he screamed a lot.  Our biggest life saver was my dad's ipad.  He had put Rio on it and by the end of the trip all of us had it memorized but it made Kyler happy.  Korbin was thankfully easy and only got upset when he was hungry. We finally made it to Washington about 5PM, we had planned to be there in the morning, so long!
When we got in and freshened up, we went to see family.  I was so happy that I could finally introduce Korbin to everyone.  He soaked up the attention and I barely saw him while I was there, which was good because Kyler clung to me most of the time.  It's so funny the difference in their personalities, Kyler is so shy and Korbin isnt.
It was my grandma's birthday so we got her a cake and did a quick party which was fun.  After we left we went to a Japanese restuarant where they cook in front of you, so cool!  Maggie, my little sister, came with us and she was so amazed. It was her birthday the next day so she had a sleepover with her big sisters! Both boys slept through the dinner show, I was kinda sad that Kyler did, he would have loved it.  We then went back to the hotel and crashed.  I wish I could say that we slept well but Kyler was up a lot and threw up in middle of the night.  He does not handle stress well.
The next morning we got ready and went to the funeral.  It was really good and I loved all the happy memories that were shared.  I wished that I would have gotten the courage to say something.
I have decided that little children are so good to have around at funerals.  Not only do the keep you happy, they help you remember the eternal perspective!  How I wish that my boys could have got to know their great grandpa more, he was an incredible guy.
After the funeral there was luncheon.  And oh my the food was delicious.  I ate way too much.  I got to see so much family, some that I havent seen for years!  I dont know how many times I heard, what you have kids, no way you're too young.  It kinda made me laugh.
The rest of the day we spent with family before we headed back to Utah that night.  How I wish that we could have stayed longer.  I
The trip home was a little easier and boy was Kyler happy to see his daddy.  He did not let Jason out of his sight for the rest of the day.
Now for pictures...sorry they are in random order, I am still working on how to organize them!

Lagary and me


Kyler loved playing on the ipad.
Auntie Ella put her swimsuit on the boys and Kyler was not happy about it!


the snow was so high when we went through the pass!


This was taken about 1 am, Kyler was still awake watching Rio, oh my silly son!

We couldnt get a picture of us all looking at the camera!

Papa and Korbin, I love Korbin's face!

Elsa and I with Grandma

I love Kyler's shirt, It fits him so well!

Korbin and his grandma!


Jason made me this cool display while we were gone.  I love willow trees and have collected them for special occasions in my life.  This holds the ones related to our family, there are 2 more shelves for future kids.

my crazy sisters sat on me!

Jason found this sweet hummer for the boys at the DI while we were gone.  After a little fixing, it works great and Kyler loves it!

Kyler crashed when we got home!

zonked out while playing on the ipad

Great grandma and Korbin

Grandma's cake

Grandpa and Korbin

Uncle Jonathan and Korbin

Kyler and Aunt Maggie

Uncle Daniel and Korbin

Maggie and me

Kyler loved the little dog but the dog was not sure about Kyler

Grandma blowing out her candles.

Love my great aunt Davie!

the exploding volcano at the restuarant.

Korbin and Great great aunt Davie

Kyler loves his uncle tony

me, Kyler, Lagary and Daniel

Loved seeing Aunt Sarah, it's been way too long!

Kyler and his second cousin Natalie

Korbin and great grandma Lique

Korbin and aunt maggie

No comments: