Tuesday, January 12, 2016

We are in to december....

I'm feeling better that I'm in December...that was just last month. December was a crazy month but isnt that how the holidays are, we all had a lot of fun.
We spent a lot of December sick, the joy of flu season.  We also seemed to rotate being sick, none of us were sick at the same time which I personally hated.  We thankfully had breaks of when we were feeling better so that we could do some fun holiday plans :)
Our ward Christmas party was the beginning of December.  There was a nice dinner and program, which we all enjoyed.
They also did family pictures...excuse Kyler's hair, he protested hair cuts for awhile. 
The primary kids sang for part of the program.  Kyler loves it when the primary sings.  he always asks that we practice during our bedtime routine and so far has memorized all the songs (except for the primary program, he didnt quite get all of them memorized).  For the Christmas party, he worked with Korbin on learning the song so of course Korbin had to sing with him, it was cute
The first saturday in December we went and chose out our Christmas tree.  I love getting a real tree, It is so fun as my kids run through the lot to choose the right tree and it may look funny to others but we always find the perfect tree.  
We love that we always get to see Santa's reindeer as we choose our tree!
No one wanted to look at the camera but everyone was so excited with our tree!
That same day Korbin asked for a bandaid for a sore he had by his lip, he looked pretty funny with his moustache!
Donald really needed a groom once we got him so him and Daisy went and had a date at the groomers.
They of course had to have matching sweaters. 
Silly dog!
So like I said we spent a lot of December sick.  Every kid visited instacare or ER once that month thanks to pneumonia or croup, and that's not counting all the doctor's visits.  We are so glad to be feeling better.
One of the times I took Kaezli to the doctor she started acting completely better once she got there.  This visit was for Kaezli and we actually ended up leaving with a medicine for Korbin....seriously weird.
The doctor's office is always so much fun!
So I've always seen families do the fun tradition of making ginger bread houses and I decided I wanted to try it this year.  I've never decorated a real gingerbread house, just the ones made out of graham crackers but I was up for the adventure.  The kids were so excited and I just knew it was going to be a spectacular.
Needless to say, most of the decorations didnt make it on and the kids were more excited about eating it then decorating.  But either way we all had fun!
So tidbit about Korbin, he HATES blankets, like will wake up thrashing if you put a blanket on him once he's already asleep.  he's been like this since he was a little baby.  He is a natural heater and doesnt like being hotter. but whenever he is sick he always has a blanket by him.
Korbin missed a whole week of school from being sick.  Everyday was a tearful goodbye when Kyler left for school. I dont know what they are going to do next year when Kyler starts kindergarden.
Yes my baby is in the big play area, I might have cried a little...
There is a live nativity in Nibley, just a couple blocks from where we live.  We didnt make it last year and were so excited to check it out this year.  It was freezing but so cool! It will definitely be 
Kaezli loved the sleigh ride!
So much fun!
There was lots of cuddling at our house`this month.  This was the day after Kaezli's visit to the ER, where the dr called the respiratory therapist before walking in the room because he could hear how bad Kaezli's breathing was in the hallway.  It was so scary but thankfully the drugs worked well :)
Santa went to the library and of course we had to go visit him.  and as you can tell Kaezli loves santa! Kyler made sure to ask for his zhu zhu pets and Korbin asked for a space rover.  Kaezli could not believe that I made her sit on santa's lap.
And I have new favorite ornaments!
Korbin + quiet = no good.  It was quite a challenge to get him out of this.
and another visit to intacare for pneumonia....ugh
The boys chose out what they wanted to get their teachers and were so excited to bring them to them.
The last day of school was a pajama party, the boys were so excited!

No comments: