Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thoughts for the day!

I have a blog with an update on the boys and our family but I have some thoughts I wanted to get out. I am sure that many of you have seen the anti marriage/mothering blog going around on facebook. Like many I'm sure my first reaction was anger. How dare this lady say she looks down on what I do. But this post isn't in anger, because the more I thought about the more I simply felt bad for her.
She wrote in pure ignorance because I assume she herself has never been married or a mom (and if she is, than I feel incredibly bad for her children). Like many moms out there, I have spent time on my own, working and taking care of myself. True it is not CEO type positions like she is talking about. I admit it felt good knowing I could take care of myself and I respect any working ladies (moms or not out there) but there is no way I would trade what I have now to go back to being alone and successful in the modern world.
I feel bad for this lady because she is truly lacking in what matters most in life, loved ones. I am so blessed when it comes to loved ones. I have some incredible friends who seem to enjoy my company.   I have so much extended family who seem to really like me :). Then I have the most special people as a part of my small family who think I am exceptional.
I have this little boy who the first thing he does when he sees me in the morning is joyfully explain momma as he runs to give me a hug and tells me he loves me. 
I have this little boy who thinks mommy's hugs cure everything and is often found trying to do exactly what mommy is doing.
And then my handsome husband who has never said goodbye without saying he loves me first and is always telling me how beautiful I am.
I know my life is exceptional and I truly feel like I am succeeding in life. I know the author of that blog may never agree with me but I hope that she will one day get over her ignorance and respect those who have chosen a lifestyle like mine. We all don't have to agree with what everyone does but we should still respect others as they are trying their best too.   And the fact remains that without wives and moms (parents in general), there wouldnt be successful career people in the world. So to all my fellow wives and moms out there, keep being as amazing as you are, we are a key part of this crazy world we live in. :)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I felt the same way! First I felt angry, and then as I kept reading what she wrote I just felt incredibly sad for her that she will never be able to experience the amazing love you get from having a husband and children, but maybe that's what she wants in life. (Certainly isn't what I want.) Can't all human beings just appreciate that everyone has a different opinion of how to live a good life and accept how others see it. Why do people feel the need to "look down" on others?