Saturday, April 16, 2011

Woman's Conference

Kyler is sleeping on my chair so instead of waking him up right now to put him to bed, I thought I would write a post about the amazing woman's conference I went to today!
There was wonderful food, music, classes and people to be around! It was just what I needed to get myself rejuvenated and back on course to being a better me! My mom came with me and it was so wonderful to have her there with me.
The first part of the conference was classes. There was 6 to choose from and we each got to go to 3. It was so hard to choose which ones to go to because there all looked so good. the first class I went to was on incorporating exercise into everyday life. She gave us a sheet with a 100 ideas to a healthier lifestyle. I have had so much fun looking over it. Here's to me getting myself a healthier lifestyle.
The second class was on finding the spirit in your home. This was probably my favorite class! I learned so much. Some of my favorite things I wrote down are
**What you sacrifice, you'll gain
**Dont let someone else's actions control your actions.
**Do what the Lord wants and everything else falls into place.
**Always remember the eternal perspective
**I control the atmosphere of my home, make it one the Spirit wants to reside in.
It was so uplifting and made me feel like I can help my family become closer to the spirit!
The last class I went to was on family time. The theme she revolved around was Love is spelled TIME. It was really good. I got lots of ideas how to make my time with my family more productive and help us grow closer together and with the Lord.
Next there was a speaker. Sadly I didnt get to hear too much because Kyler was tired and I was getting him to sleep. What I did get out of it was to look up even in tough situations.

It was an amazing conference and I learned so much. The spirit was so strong and it was wonderful to be around so many strong women that I admire. Kyler even loved it. He was so good through it, mr. happy baby. I think that we should have something like this more regularly! I absolutely loved it and have so many goals to work on.
Well I better get the little man to bed but I was just so excited about my wonderful day I had to share!

No comments: