Friday, February 26, 2010

our love story!

Since my story didn't work in the last post and I can't edit it off my phone so I'm just going to write a new post! Here is our love story that won the contest!!!

Jason and I met while working at wendy's our sophomore year in high school. After flirting for almost a year I got up the nerve to ask him on a date (yep I asked him first!) The plan was to go to a play together. We enjoyed the play and decided on dinner after. After dinner, neither of us wanted to go home so we went bowling and talked until our curfews, we didn't want to leave! The next week, we hung out a lot outside of work and talked on the phone. We had a big group date planned but we had different dates. We ended up spending most of the date together anyway. We went on a couple more dates when jason asked me to be his girlfriend! We spent as much time as we could together. It was another 2 monthes before we kissed. It was Jason's first kiss and his friends had a tradition that you owed everyone cookies when you got your first kiss. It was the night of my jr. Prom (we went to different high schools) and as we were saying good night, he said that he wanted to owe his friends cookies. After another 5 minutes, he kissed me. It was cheesy but completely perfect!! We dated for a year and a half before Jason left to serve a LDS misson. We broke up when I started dating one of his good friends(yes I know completely awful of me!). Jason was such a good person and kept writing me, so we stayed in contact his whole mission. When he came home we met up with some friends and we got talking. As we spent time together I could see that he had completely forgived me. I already knew that I loved him but it was at this point I knew this was my true love. After a few weeks we started dating again. During this time, jason said he wanted to get married but that he wasn't ready, it'd be another couple years. In all actuality he was already planning it. Before I tell you the story I have to tell you my dreams for my proposal. I wanted both sets of my parents asked. I wanted it to be a complete surprise but I wanted a certain ring and I wouldn't go ring shopping with him for it. I also wanted it to creative and recorded. (Ricidulous I know but he accomplished them all!) He got on my phone when I wasn't lookng and sent himself a picture of the ring I wanted, then went and bought it. He planned the proposal for a week after we went to visit my birth mom and family in washington because he wanted to ask permission from both sets of parents, which he did! On the day he proposed, we had plans to go to a rodeo. I had to work before so we decided I would meet at his house after. I got there and his car was there (he planned every detail even taking his dad's car so I would think he was there) so I went to go get him. His mom said he wasn't home and handed me a camera. I pushed play and there was a recording of cute cowboy jason. He said he wanted to play a fun game before the rodeo and was sending me on a scavenger hunt. He said to go talk to the good managers of the south where the good food and memories were (WENDY's). I drove there so quickly! On the way I called my friend and said I think Jason is proposing. She knew he was and had been helping him but she convinced me that it was just a fun date because jason likes to do that. It made it better that she did that! At wendy's I talked to my favorite old manager and she whipped up all of my favorite foods and in the middle was another camera disc. This clue told me to head to the places with the willows to play our favorite game. Jason and I love to play ultimate frisbee at willow park so I headed straight there! There I found my sister and friends playing frisbee. I played with them and when I caught the frisbee I felt another camera disk on the bottom of it! I quickly quickly ran off with it(I was having so much fun!). This clue said to go to a place where we love to study the Gospel together and where we can be sealed together forever. I quickly went to the temple. There I found a book and 2 cute dogs guarding another clue. This one said to head to Green canyon and find something silver (his dad's truck). I got up there and found Jason! We went on a hike and talked about life. I could tell he was way nervous but I didn't dare dream he was proposing for fear he wasn't. He asked me 5 times how I was doing, it was cute. We sat on some rocks and were just talking about our time together. He stopped suddenly and said if I don't do it now I won't. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. Apperently my initial response was a high pitched "are you serious?!" Then I of course sad yes! After all the hugging and kissing, we drove to our brother in law's house where Jason had our families and friends waiting to celebrate! It was incredibly perfect! We were married 2 1/2 monthes later and its been absolutely wonderful! He is my prince charming and its not like the fairy tale I dreamed of as a young girl, its even better. To me this is what true love is and I wish that everyone can be as happy together as we are! :)

1 comment:

Wes and Dani said...

Hey Naomi! Just stumbled across your blog. :) I liked reading your dating/engagement story! Too cute. :)