This is way behind but I thought I would officially announce on our blog that our wonderful son was born! Kyler Lynn Clark was born on October 21, 2010 at 7:52PM weighing 6 lbs 2 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. He is absolutely perfect and we couldnt be more blessed to have such a wonderful son!

Now for the story (since I'm sure you all want to know!) and then you can look at more pictures of our little man!
I had an appt on Tuesday October 19. Jason and I both knew that something big was going to be decided here since my blood pressure has been high. We figured that she would talk of not letting me go past my due date or something like that so the dr surprised when she said she wanted to induce me the next day!! We were both so surprised! We left shocked and in a hurry to get all the last minute things done before he came.
We showed up at labor and delivery at 7:30PM the next day, nervous but so excited. They checked me in and got me hooked up to all the machines. They then started me on Ceradivil (sp?) to soften my cervix and then they were going to start pitocin in the morning. Jason fell asleep quickly on the couch only waking up to help me to the bathroom (he had to unhook all the machines) but I could not sleep, finally at 2am the nurse gave me something to help me sleep, thank goodness.
At 7am they checked me and I was at 1cm...lame! but they started me on pitocin and the contractions slowly started. With pitocin they usually slowly increase the dosage to help labor progress but everytime they increased the pitocin his heartrate would drop so I stayed at the lower dosage. at 1:30 the dr came in and broke my water, the contractions got really bad then. They came every 30 secs (no joke) and lasted about a minute. After about an hour with no break the nurse checked me again and I was at 2cm. I asked for an epidural so that I could get a break. With epidural they usually want you to be 4 cm so the nurse gave me some narotics first. They did not help with the pain at all and only made me sleepy. Its really hard to go through contractions while sleepy!
Lucky for me, the nurse called the anthelogist and he came and gave me an epidural. It worked right away and was wonderful! I could not feel a thing! Since I had the epidural they tried to up the pitocin again but it again just put Kyler into distress. My dr came in at this point and checked me. I was only to 3 cm. She told me that she was worried about the baby and felt that we needed to get him out. She was headed to do a c-section but asked that we decide what we want to do while she was gone.
Jason and I talked and prayed about it. We had both also been worried about the baby and the distress he kept getting in. We both felt that a c-section was the right choice for us. We called our parents and let them know while we waited for dr. craig to come back.
Once she came back and we told her our decision, time went so fast. They had me sign papers and had jason get into scrubs and they rushed us to the or. I remember sitting there worried that I was going to feel the whole thing but all I felt wasressure especially when they pulled him out of me. Jason watched the whole thing through a reflection and when they pulled Kyler out, they had him stand up and watch. They showed him to me and then they got him cleaned up. They then set him on my chestfor a few minutes before they took him to the nursery. I could not take my eyes off him and I bawled when him and Jason left.
they finished sewing me up and took me to recovery where my blood pressure spiked. They wouldnt let the baby come in until it lowered. It was the worst sitting there alone! Jason came in shortly which helped my blood pressure. After about a half hour they brought Kyler to me and we got to have quality bonding time before we went up to our room and the grandparents came to visit.
Kyler has been the most wonderful baby. We really could not ask for a better son. He is so cute (especialy since he looks so much like his dad!)
PS in case you were wondering, I, thankfully, had an easy recovery from the c-section. My dr came in and talked to us after. Kyler was stuck in my pelvis so she said that it was a good thing we did the c-section then or else we would have had to do an emergency c-section later. She also said that I will most likely always have to have c-sections since I have a small pelvis. This was the hardest thing for me since I've always dreamed of having my children vaginally but having him and knowing that he came to us healthy is the most important thing, not how he came. Plus I figure this way I can plan all my children's birthdays! :)
PPS Kyler is growing wonderfully and is now almost up to 8 lbs. He is 3 1/2 weeks old and amazes us every day! He loves to stare and look around with his big beautiful eyes. He loves to cuddle. He is just perfect!

right after birth

Kyler had some Jaundice from being born early so he had to spend a couple days on lights.

This is how he sleeps, He always has to have his hands up, its just so cute!

He helped me hand out candy on halloween!

He loves taking naps with daddy!

He is learning how to play with his rattle!

One morning, mommy and daddy were so looking forward to sleeping but at 7am Kylerwas ready to play!

grandma got his pictures done when he was a week and a half old. He is so cute!

Thanks for reading!! I will try to be better about keeping this up to date! please leave a comment! Have a great week!
1 comment:
naomi he's just beautiful! i love all the pics he had done at 1.5 weeks, congrats again!
Post a Comment