My
little brother graduated boot camp at the beginning of this month in
California. We got to go to his graduation and go to have a little
vacation too! :) It was so much fun!
We left on Thursday morning bright and early-like 3 in the morning to catch our flight. We went my parents, little brother ben and my niece and nephew (Dexter and Roxie). Both boys did great on the flights. Korbin slept most of the way out. A flight attendant came up to us after to compliment us on how well behaved they both were, it made my day! :) We got to the airport and got our rental cars (after some delays, darn fox rent a car!) Then we hurried over to the base. Thursday was family day for the graduates. We missed watching him doing his exercises but got to meet the drill instructors. Then they released the graduates and boy was it mass chas as they were trying to find family. Trevor actually found me first and then we went to get my parents. It was so good to see him, he has grown up a lot! :) I cant really call him a kid anymore because he has definitely grown into a man. The missionaries put on a lunch for some of the families so we got to go have free lunch, which was really nice. I never knew that there were missionaries assigned to bases! After Trevor got set apart as an Elder :) We then walked some around the base and then Trevor had to return. We then went to our condo and relaxed for the rest of the night.
The next day was Trevor's graduation. It was kind of chaotic and we couldnt hear much but he was officially a marine! :) We did some shopping after and then went to lunch at Jack in the box. After we went to the USS midway. If you go on the day of graduation with a graduate then your whole party gets in free. It was so impressive, I could not believe how big it was. Kyler loved seeing all the ships and all the mannequins. With the boys we werent able to go up to the captain's quarters but we got to throughly enjoy the flight deck. We all enjoyed it.
The next day we went to the safari park at San Diego Zoo. This was probably my favorite park. It was so cool to take the tram to see all the animals in huge areas enjoying each other. There were so many animals! Kyler was in heaven, he loves animals! There was an aviary there, where you could buy nectar and the birds would come up to you, Kyler loved that! Korbin wanted to eat the nectar and was so mad that we were giving it to the birds instead. Korbin did enjoy seeing all the animals though and playing in the play areas.
Sunday was our relaxing day. We started out the day going to church. The church house we went to was so cool, there was an outdoor area in middle of the church right by the nursery room. Being a nursery leader I just couldnt help but envy that, our nursery would love it! The church also had the biggest mother's room I had ever seen! I got to spend plenty of time in there, since Korbin had a blowout during sacrament (can I just say how I missed cloth diapers on the trip?!) I was really let down by the ward though, we didnt have anyone come talk to us or welcome us there, and we were almost shunned by a member of the bishopric since he was a higher rank in the marines. I couldnt believe that in the Lord's house we werent welcomed, it made me quite sad. After sacrament we drove to the temple and walked around, it was so beautiful! I love temples and San diego temple was one that I had always wanted to see! Then we went back to the condo and relaxed. Jason, Ben and I took all the kids down to the beach (we were less than a block away!) and they all had a blast! Kyler wasnt too sure about the water but he loved playing in the sand. Korbin LOVED the beach, he played in the sand and joined dad in the water some! We went back to the house and took a nap. Then Jason and I took the boys back to the temple, since there were lights set up for Christmas. We got a good laugh while we were there because everyone was bundled up in winter coats, there was a space heater on the stage for the choir and we were in shorts and tshirts. It was 60 degrees, no where near cold! It was definitely funny!
On Monday we went to Sea World. There was some amazing shows while we were there. Kyler loved the couple rides that he could go on. Korbin loved the play area! It was cool but definitely did not compare to the zoo!
Tuesday we went to San Diego Zoo. Boy was Kyler in heaven. He loved all the animals and ran around all day. Korbin was getting worn out by then but he still enjoyed himself. I have always wanted to see the zoo and was not let down at all, it was AMAZING! :)
Then Wednesday we came home. It was a pretty good flight home, the boys slept most of the flight so Jason and I got to relax! We were all sad to come home to the cold but we definitely had a wonderful vacation!
Here are the pictures I have off of our phones, I still need to get the ones off of the camera. I keep getting messed up when I organized them so sorry they are in no particular order.
 |
| Kyler playing at San Diego zoo |
| | |  |
| | Panda!!! |
 |
| Roxie loved the gorilla! |
 |
| and so did dexter! |
 |
| One of the planes at the USS midway! It was huge! |
 |
| Look at all those pilots! |
 |
| flying the plane with daddy! |
 |
| Look at the pretty view behind them! |
 |
| Christmas tree at Sea World |
 |
| Kyler was so excited to ride the tram! |
 |
| Riding the skyride at SeaWorld |
 |
| Korbin loved the play area! |
 |
| The beach was so fun! |
 |
| The boys were so wore out! |
 |
| Poor Korbin had to do breathing treatments on vacation! |
 |
| Loving the beach! |
 |
| flying the plane! |
 |
| Kyler loved playing with the big rocks! |
 |
| The group that played in the water! |
 |
| Korbin slept through the pretty Christmas lights! |
 |
| The beach is my favorite mom! |
 |
| Arent I just so cute! |
 |
| At the lights at the temple! |
 |
| i love having a personal play buddy! |
 |
| Kyler loved all the statues! |
 |
| Acting like seals! |
 |
| Cool dude! |
 |
So excited for the graduation!
|
 |
| The pretty temple lights! |
 |
after graduation!
|
 |
| I love to see the temple! |
 |
| Families are forever! |
 |
This is my car to keep right mom?!
|
 |
directing the planes!
|
 |
Such handsome men! :)
|
 |
Roxie wanted a picture with the ocean!
|
 |
I made all the kids outfits for graduation, arent they so handsome and cute!
|
 |
| Kyler got a little scared by the polar bear! |
 |
| riding the sky ride! |
 |
| giraffes! |
 |
| How Kyler was entertained on the plane ride! |
 |
sleepy boys!
|
 |
| riding a helicopter! |
 |
| Kyler got lots of rides on daddy! |
 |
| playing the drums! |
 |
| warming up to the birds! |
 |
Lounging on daddy on the plane!
|
 |
Look at my awesome shirt!
|
 |
| Darn bird, dont take my food! |
 |
| riding in the canoe! |
 |
| Directing daddy where to go! |
 |
| petting zoo! |
 |
| The boys loved morning snuggles with Roxie! |
 |
| Worn out at Seaworld |
No comments:
Post a Comment