Sunday, October 2, 2011

Yay for an update!!

So for some reason I woke up early this morning wide awake. Jason and Kyler are both zonked out so I figured I would update really quick before I go wake them up to get ready for general conference.

First off the exciting news I know you all have just been waiting to hear....We are having a boy! I am so excited! I think that it will be fun to have 2 little boys so close in age and hope that they are best friends. I had been feeling that it was a boy for the last few weeks so I wasnt surprised when I saw it. Jason said he woke up the morning of the ultrasound knowing it was a boy. I know he wanted a girl but he is so excited to have another boy (we'll have more kids anyway). He loves playing with Kyler and with another boy, I better just watch out. They will all be ganging up on me. We are planning on naming him Korbin Kinkaid. Here are some pictures of the handsome little guy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry not the best pictures, they are pictures of a picture. He was super camera shy around his face. He is just like his big brother and didnt want us to see what he looks like before he is born.

We had a gender reveal party for our families that night. It was fun to get together with everyone and have good food. I think that everyone was really surprised it was a boy. I got the impression that the vast majority thought that it was girl. I was a disappointed after the party because I got the impression that the grandparents were not excited that he was a boy. I've already stated my feelings on how I hate that girls tend to get favored more and I'm trying to ignore it when people do it. I love my boys and Jason does too and thats all that matters. We wouldnt change them for the world!

Kyler is getting to be so big. I cannot believe that in less than 3 weeks he will be a year old! Where did time go? I still feel like I am pregnant with him and here he is growing all up. He has become mobile and is crawling everywhere. He loves to get into everything!! I dont know what I am going to do when he starts walking. He is trying so hard to figure it out. He has already figured out how to climb stairs and has been trying so hard to go down them (too bad mom keeps catching him before). He is a little escapee and notices the second a door or the baby gate is open and tries to get out. He got 2 teeth when he was 8 months and this past week 3 teeth have started poking through! You have to be careful because he is a biter and he tends to think its funny when you quickly pull away. Daddy has learned this a lot!

He is such a goof ball and knows he is funny! He does things and then looks at you with the look of arent I silly?! He is always laughing and smiling! He is so fun to play with! He is still scared of most adults, especially men but LOVES other babies. He gets so happy when he sees another baby or toddler, especially his cousins. I love that he knows who each of his cousins are. He is going to be so good with his little brother! I think that he is a perfectionist and practices things when we arent looking. There was awhile there that I knew he was crawling because he would move places but I never saw him crawl. Its like he practices when we arent looking then impresses us with his skills. silly boy! Now some cute pictures of this handsome little man!

found the fridge!
Photobucket

figured out pointing
Photobucket

our little drummer
Photobucket

riding the carousel with dad!
Photobucket

Photobucket

eat the sock!
Photobucket

playing in my crib
Photobucket

waiting for my first airplane ride
Photobucket

Daddy and I were tired at grandma and grandpa's house, even with my cousins running around like crazy!
Photobucket

boating with Uncle Ben
Photobucket

Teeth
Photobucket

fun toys!
Photobucket

I know how to brush my teeth
Photobucket

big boy
Photobucket

Playing cars with dad
Photobucket

i love my piano
Photobucket

Such a handsome man!
Photobucket

Jason and I are doing well. He is working so hard and is such a great provider for our family! I love that he does all he can so I can stay home with Kyler. We are both taking a full load at school. We are signed up a ballroom dance class and it has been so fun to learn lots of new dances or at least be reminded how to do them. We are enjoying being scout leaders. It's teaching a lot about how to handle young boys which I will definitely be able to use this experience. Life is wonderful and I'm so grateful for all that the Lord has blessed me with! The Lord really knows us better than we do ourselves because my life is far greater than I ever could have asked for. I love my little family so much! :)

Well I hope you enjoyed our update and if you did you should comment! :) I have to go wake up the boys so we can have a great day being uplifted by the word of the Lord! I love General Conference!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Kyler ALWAYS has the biggest smile on his face, I LOVE THAT MAN! It'll be so exciting for him to have a little brother so close in age as him. I bet they'll love it and totally be the best of friends! Congrats!!!